In 1995, Dr. John Veltheim introduced BodyTalk, a revolutionary healthcare system that uses state-of-the-art energy medicine to optimise the body’s internal communications and allow it to more effectively respond to injury and illness. Since then, the BodyTalk System has been taught to thousands of practitioners around the world.
Today, there are more than 100 trained BodyTalk Instructors teaching the System in 36 countries and counting. Graduates of these courses include doctors, psychologists, psychotherapists, chiropractors, naturopaths, acupuncturists, nurses and licensed massage therapists.
The outstanding growth and success of the BodyTalk System has been fueled by the following factors:
- exceptional results occur in almost every sphere of healthcare
- it can be used as a stand-alone healthcare system
- it can be integrated seamlessly into any other healthcare modality and is complementary to each modality
- it is completely non-invasive and absolutely safe
- No diagnosis is given, no medications prescribes and no invasive techniques imposed upon the patient
Each system, cell and atom in our bodies is in constant communication with each other at all times. Through our exposure to the stresses of day-to-day life, these lines of communication become compromised, which then leads to a decline in physical, emotional and/or mental well-being. Reconnecting these lines of communication enables the body’s mechanisms to function at optimal levels, thus preventing disease and rapidly accelerating the healing process. In this way, BodyTalk stimulates the body’s innate ability to balance and heal itself as it already does in so many ways – from the disappearance of a small cut to recovery from a cold.
The BodyTalk System recognises that within each and every one of us there lies the innate knowing of who we are and what makes us tick. This innate wisdom carries the answer to the healthcare dilemma we face. This is address in the following way:
- The BodyTalk System facilitates communication with the body’s innate wisdom through neuromuscular biofeedback. This feedback provides the practitioner with a “yes” of “no” answer to any questions that is asked of the body. The innate wisdom thus provides the practitioner with accurate guidelines with regard to the bodymind requirements for optimum health.
- By following a comprehensive protocol of questions, the BodyTalk practitioner can establish exactly what balancing the body needs in order to harmonise the bodymind function. This involves finding out which organs, endocrines or body parts need to be connected to heal communication between them at the physiological, biochemical, circulatory, nervous, emotional and/or energy levels.
- The client and/or practitioner touches the parts that need repair and the practitioner then uses their fingers to gently tap the head of the client in order to focus the brain toward that repair. BodyTalk “tapping” is based on an ancient Hatha Yoga technique.
- The practitioner then lightly taps the chest to store the changes in the heart energy complex, which ensure that the new balance is held in deep memory for lasting results.
Clinical results have shown that once the communications systems of the body have been re-established, and the bodymind complex synchronised, the body is capable of healing itself at a deep and lasting level. This is something that modern healthcare systems have tended to forget, or ignore, and the trend has been to intervene in, rather than use, the body’s natural healing processes.
Of course, there are times that natural healing is limited. The typical emergency such as a car accident, where the body is in crises, attests to the need to skilled intervention in the form of modern medicine. Nevertheless, BodyTalk practitioners are seeing the incredible healing power of a ‘balanced’ body in the daily results obtain in practice. The functions of every part of the body and mind are improved. This means the immune system will start to eliminate chronic and acute viruses, bacteria, parasites and toxins.
Re-establishing of the mind/body balance can reduce allergies, emotional and psychological disorder. It also can improve posture and co-ordination, digestion and elimination, brain functions, learning disorders, and states of distorted consciousness in the form of negative belief systems and attitudes.
BodyTalk is used by people in countries across the globe and from all walks of life, from professional athletes looking for a competitive edge to poor communities desperately in need of affordable healthcare.